We’ve prepared a step-by-step guide for LinkMiner, a brand new backlink analysis tool we recently launched! We’ll cover all important topics and features so you can get the best of the tool.
- Starting the analysis
- Backlinks table and metrics
- Backlink categories
- Website preview
Don’t you like reading? You can watch this video which summarizes the guide:
Don’t forget to explore all LinkMiner features and videos to see how they help you in backlink analysis.
LinkMiner is an easy-to-use backlink checker tool focusing on backlinks you can replicate easily. The tool is designed to evaluate backlink data by providing different metrics, embedded link previews and features to filter and save the most interesting links.
In case you aren’t registered, you can create your free account.
Starting the analysis
Once you are in the tool, just type a valid domain or exact URL into the main search window and click on the green button “Find backlinks”.
You can also select the option to display only “One link per ref. domain”. Leave the checkbox empty to display multiple links per referring domain.
Let’s say we want to find backlinks of this root domain: “hse.gov.uk”.
“example.com” isn’t the same as “www.example.com” or “https://example.com”.
There are various types of inputs resulting in different results:
- example.com – root domain
- www.example.com – subdomain
- example.com/blog/* – path URL that will display all blog posts
- http://example.com – exact URL
- https://example.com – exact URL
- https://www.serpwatcher.com – exact URL
- http://www.example.com – exact URL
Select the input according to data you would like to analyze. We recommend the root domain as the main input.
Depending on types of backlinks, LinkMiner offers:
- All backlinks – based on the Fresh and Historic Indexes by Majestic containing more than 2 trillions crawled URLs
- New backlinks – based on daily updated backlinks from last 30 days
- Lost backlinks – deleted backlinks
You can switch between them anytime. Don’t forget to click on the magnifier to load the backlinks.
LinkMiner comes with following metrics for analyzed domain or URL:
- Citation Flow – a score between 0-100 which helps to measure the link equity or “power” the website or link carries
- Trust Flow – a score based on quality, on a scale between 0-100 containing many trusted seed sites based on a manual review of the web
- Referring IPs – the number of referring IPs (usually lower than referring domains because there can be more domains located on a single IP address)
- Referring domains – the number of referring domains
- Total backlinks – total number of backlinks based on the Fresh Index
Backlinks table and metrics
The backlinks table provides all backlink data including metrics, link categories and attributes. Right below the “Source URL” are basic characteristics:
- Deleted backlink tag
- Image tag
- Language of the referring site
As we mentioned earlier, the data is based on Majestic database. The most critical metrics for link evaluation are Citation Flow (CF) and Trust Flow (TF). You can sort the results by any metric:
- EL – Number of external links from page
- FB – Number of Facebook shares
- AR – Alexa Rank
- HREF – Backlink HREF path pointing to website
- Anchor – Anchor text of the backlink (visible only on higher resolutions)
- LS – The Link Strength
The Link Strength is a new metric we developed to evaluate the power of backlink considering various factors such as Citation Flow, Trust Flow, Do/NoFollow attributes, number of referring domains and other metrics.
This metric is all about saving time. Instead of analyzing a bunch of metrics we have created an algorithm that identifies the potential of each backlink.
Pagination and “Load more”
You can see the number of links and pages right below the backlinks table:
- 50/50 – Displayed vs. total loaded links
- Page: 1/1000 – Select on which page you would like to go
When you click on the button “Load more”, 50 more backlinks will load. LinkMiner doesn’t automatically load all links from the database as its main focus is to provide powerful links instead of throw thousands to you.
To ensure fast navigation among backlinks, LinkMiner recognizes following categories:
Let’s say you want to see Quora or Reddit backlinks. You’ll find them in the Q&A category so you can replicate them in seconds in case you’re in hurry.
You’ll find the categories above the results table. You can see backlinks from all categories by default. Clicking on a particular category will hide those results. Turn on and off any of them as you wish to see backlinks you are interested in.
Let’s narrow the backlink analysis by specific preferences. “Filter” lets you display backlinks with specific values of selected metrics or attributes.
You can turn it on/off anytime while it keeps your settings safe until you decide to reset.
Display only “DoFollow” and/or “Active” links by clicking on one of the two buttons above the results table.
This is one of the main time-saving features of the tool. Live website preview is located in the right part of the dashboard. Just click on one of the backlinks to load it.
Find the backlink in a page on one click
In the website preview, there’s the anchor text in the top right corner. Click on it to automatically scroll to the exact position of the anchor. It’s highlighted in a yellow rectangle with an orange border.
Analyze the backlink URL
On top of that, you can open the URL in a new window or analyze it in SERPChecker by clicking on the button “URL Profile”.
The Favorites list is a great way to save selected links for the future. This way, you can keep those links of competitors you would like to replicate.
Click on the star next to a backlink and LinkMiner will automatically create a new Favorites list for you.
You can access the Favorites list in the top left menu of the app. Over here, there’s an option to open or delete the lists.
Exporting results from LinkMiner is a one-click effort. The feature is located under the top right corner of the backlinks table. It will export currently loaded backlinks.
You can either copy the backlinks to clipboard or export them with or without metrics as a CSV file.
Didn’t find what you were looking for?
If you have any questions or tips what to include in the guide, feel free to share them in the comments below.
If you still have troubles using LinkMiner, don’t hesitate to ask via live chat or email.